Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sunday Rituals (she says while publishing on a Tuesday shssss)

Can anyone remember hating Sundays with a passion as a child? The dreaded day of doing homework cast aside when "It's only Friday" and waiting for school. Fast-forward a few years (and then a few more) and it is without a doubt my favourite day of the week. Why is it the best of the bunch in my book? It just feels relaxed from the minute you wake-up (who doesn't love a universally accepted excuse for a lie-in where quoting the day is reason enough)? It wasn't until this week that I realised what a creature of habit I've become, when I set about my usual little Sunday routine:

 

Sunday AM is devoted to making pancakes with an occasional speed-eating competition thrown (I'm reigning champion)!

 

The Yoga mat finally get's unrolled from its judgemental "What happened to that NY resolution to use me everyday"-pose.

Finally....

A bit of table re-arranging/general decorative change-arounds. This when I add any new beachy pieces that I can't seem to stop picking up for my room. The newest addition that I fell for was the little mini glass bottle &shells hanging fixture. Phase 1: positioning=check Phase 2: Insert mini messages scrolled up inside (that can be my next rock 'n' roll Sunday decoration activity).

What's everyone else do for their Sunday routines? Or do people prefer to change it up?

 

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel the same about Sundays now, even though I am still up and out early on a Monday morning. I particularly love summer evening Sunday walks around the neighbourhood (when we have sun). There is just something so peaceful and relaxing about Sunday. Those pancakes look delicious also. Yum!

    Really nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks RJH that's r.kind. The pancakes were incredible mainly down to the lashings of maple syrup and cinnamon sugar and having a pancake-tossing extraordinaire for a mother, t'was breakfast & a show.
    P.s. Love your blog, made me immediately start humming The Cranberries 'Just my imagination' (now I'm off again) and the birds. Well played! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I will definitely have to rope my mum into pancake making. Haven't tried cinnamon sugar but shall give it a go.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete