Wednesday 10 April 2013

5 things god I wished I'd invented!

Just a warning here folks: I'm truly embracing my materialistic side in this post (penicillin, blood donations,Operation Christmas Child & peanut butter would also be on my list of beyond brilliant moments of enlightenment) but for now I'm listing my most reached for-"oh-god-don't-tell-me-I've-lost-it-I'll -have-to-buy-a-new-one" everyday items.

First up...

Posted-Notes all the way!

I am 100% behind Romy & Michele's attempt to pass off these little gems as the secret to their High School Reunion success (how much do you want to watch that film now!). Granted they do encourage a certain amount of ridiculous reasons to use them-I'm pretty sure I would have remembered to "buy chocolate milk" even if it was just written directly on the diary but really...who knows what would have happened if it wasn't written in an owl shaped memo!

No 2:

I'm not going to lie-I'm fairly certain the last belt-bag I sported featured Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin. So if you told me then that my 26 year-old self would still be powering on with this hysterical craze, my 10 year-old thoughts would go something like: "wow I've actually peaked, style and maturity-wise" . However this little Ski-trip find has actually become my precious for AM jogs. It's soooo tiny and light (not to mention cute+matches my running top) that you don't notice it's weight (what weight!) even on your last gasping mile. Gone are the days of searching frantically for the one bloody long-sleeved sports top you own that has pockets! These fit my phone, keys, iPod and tissues in: Simples!

No 3:

The Holiest of Grails for flame-wimps like me! Given my love of Yankee candles, whoever you are Mr/Mrs Inventor-you are loved!

 

 

 

No 4: Yes I know this invention goes as far back as the 16th Century (when some were glass :s. Thank god for Mr Eduard Penkala, master of "Ok let's switch to rubber, they can take the heat") in my defence, if you had the circulation of a mummy like me, you would rejoice in the miraculous 'thawing of the feet' ritual too!

No 5: (stay with me, I swear I'm almost done rattling away!)

 

Turbie Towels, Hair Wraps, Towel Turbans (my fave term). Whatever you want to call them, these are the type of item you see all the time while looking for something else. Generally you laugh at the serious pout of the poor soul modelling said 'sexy' hair accessory before moving swiftly moving on. I was exactly the same until I happened upon this little number in my Xmas stocking last year (yes I am 26 and equally yes, this is a Xmas tradition I am not letting go of anytime soon, they have the BEST things in there, those stockings)! Anyways, on testing them out, anyone bestowed with a ridiculously close to lion's like-mane will probs experience the same "But where have you been all my life" epiphanies like yours truly (look at the model, that's how it feels). If this is missing from your life or you just love the names they come up with, this one comes from Amazon but TK Maxx seem to be equally breeding them in their beauty section.

Now if they can just get a move on with that 0 calorie 0 fat Peanut Butter I've been dreaming about, my life will be complete! Thanks for reading lovelies!

P.s. anyone with their own "god that's clever" creations, feel free to let me know :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment