Thursday 1 September 2011

Where it begins-the little blue wall!

Ok I should probably point out that I am well aware there are already sooooo many blogs out there! Also most of these blogs are written by much funnier and creatively minded people than I. However after plugging away sometimes productively sometimes not so much, for four years at a Modern Languages degree, a swift move to Canada to teach English in the French Canadian Province of Québec for a year (introducing me to -40°c Winters, the genius that is Poutine, sharing my walk to school with bears-that kind of thing) and a handful of interesting internships ranging from the cruel to the comedy gold! -Fast forward through that and I find myself a perfect fit for today's most popular peer group-an unemployed graduate with a taste for traveling and French/Australian/Italian/Spanish wine (like I said perfect fit!).

Anyways (stay with me, I'm almost done) failing to find financially-rewarding activities I found myself still needing some kind of project to keep cabin fever at bay. One painfully plan-free and quiet afternoon plus an obsession with homestyle magazines gave way to my attention being turned to my own four walls. Feeling slightly ashamed at the neglectful treatment of my heated, spacious, comfortable and (did I mention) rent-free room within my parent's home I decided to put my power of excess free-time to good use and transform it into, well something other than the essentially large storage facility for 24 years of accumulated silly things.

The End: Therefore this blog is really to document my process of transforming my space into somewhere I'd like to be (I'm aiming for beach house meets seaside heaven but anything in the realm of nautical would do) as an alternative to worrying about a growing amount of student debt and this wide-spread unemployment fiasco! Also to see if this room interior uplift will have any effect on how productive my life becomes while in it (everyone loves an underdog right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment